We’re on the lookout for someone who can provide expert advice to our clients about trees and development.
This will be a client facing role to advise on all aspects of BS5837 consultancy and arboricultural planning. Operating across a range of sectors from residential, commercial and renewables, infrastructure projects and estate management, you will need to navigate through data searches and arboricultural planning policy, whilst also making sure your findings and design advice get the spotlight at project team meetings.
With help and support from the wider team you will be leading on field work and the preparation of planning documents from Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements, TPO works applications and site promotion work, learning from the team as you develop your skills here at TG. Experience using AutoCAD is welcomed and knowledge of the UK planning system as it relates to trees is essential.
Life at Tyler Grange
We operate on a four-day work week where work-life balance thrives. For two days, we favour in-office or on-site engagements because we believe the unscheduled, in-action moments often teach us the most.
We value innovation over convention; the usual route isn't always our chosen path. We care deeply and celebrate loudly. We're one big family always looking for the next big opportunity. Every day is a blend of meaningful work, good laughs, and honest conversations. If you thrive in this kind of setting, then you’ll fit right in.
And it’s not just about us – it's about making waves in our field and communities. Together, we’re on a mission to elevate standards across our profession and the communities we serve.
We’re looking for an Arboricultural Consultant who:
- Has BS5837 consultancy skills and experience
- Holds an academic qualification in arboriculture or a similar environmental discipline
- Has a technical (or higher) membership with the Arboricultural Association
- Has an interest in the technical side of arboriculture in the context of the UK planning system
- Enjoys building relationships with clients and networking across the industry
- Is proactive and solution-focussed, always willing to give something a go
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has strong organisational and management skills
- Is aligned with our company values
Your journey at Tyler Grange is moulded by the amazing people you’ll team up with, both in and outside of our tribe. We’re like-minded souls who cheer on our mates, cherish our clients, and sprinkle goodness back into our communities. Join the adventure.
Need support with your application? Contact Allie (email@example.com) or pop a note in your application. We’re all about making sure every candidate can access our opportunities with ease.
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 per annum, dependent upon experience (plus £3,000 HCLA if based in London)